Local Events: Things to do in Kewaunee County
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
Saturday, May 27
• USED BOOK SALE, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
Tuesday, May 30
• BABY STORY TIME, 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. For babies and toddlers birth through age 2. 920-487-2295.
• TOPS WI 0326, 9 a.m. Tuesdays, Knudson Hall, Community Center, 620 Lake St., Algoma. Use the Clark Street door. Weekly weight loss support group. 920-487-2797.
• ALGOMA OPTIMISTS CLUB, 7 a.m. Tuesdays, Caffe Tlazo, 607 Fourth St., Algoma.
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Algoma Youth Club, 620 Lake St. Algoma Golden Agers Card Club, open to age 50 and older. 920-487-5404.
Wednesday, May 31
• USED BOOK SALE, 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
Thursday, June 1
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays of the month, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for children, newborn to age 5 with their caregivers.
Friday, June 2
• STORY HOUR, 10 a.m. Fridays, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. For ages 3-6. 920-487-2295.
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m. Fridays, Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St., Kewaunee.
• ART RECEPTION, 5:30-8 p.m., James May Gallery, 213 Steele St., Algoma. For “Working Pots: Second Annual Juried Utilitarian Ceramics Exhibition.” Exhibit runs June 1-30. Also featuring mixed-media paintings by Jennifer Wagner, Milwaukee. 262-753-3130 or www.jamesmaygallery.com.
Friday-Saturday, June 2-3
•OPEN HOUSE, 3-7 p.m. June 2; and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. June 3, Algoma Wolf Tech, Algoma High and Middle School, 1715 Division St. Sales of products made by local students such as cribbage and picnic tables, yard games, Adirondack chairs. Ice cream bar with fresh maple syrup. Raffle and silent auction. [email protected] or www.facebook.com/awolftech.
Monday, June 5
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m. Mondays, Kewaunee Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St.. Public cards, first and third Mondays of the month. 920-388-4690.
• ALL SAINTS BINGO, 5:30 p.m. doors open, 6:30 p.m. bingo, All Saints Parish Activity Center, 125 N. St. Claude St., Denmark. Hot sandwiches, homemade dessert and free popcorn. www.Circle-of-Faith.org, All Saints Facebook page or 920-863-5256.
Tuesday, June 6
• KEWAUNEE OPTIMISTS CLUB, 7 a.m. first and third Tuesdays, Kunkels Korner, 301 Ellis St., Kewaunee.
•SUMMER READING KICKOFF CARNIVAL, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Register for Summer reading program. Games, snacks, prizes. 920-487-2295.
Thursday, June 8
• JOB CLUB, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Discuss job opportunities, employment search techniques,resume, job applications, preparing for interviews and more. Also june 22. www.DoorCountyJobCenter.org.
Sunday, June 11
• KEWAUNEE COUNTY BREAKFAST ON THE FARM, 8 a.m.-noon, Wallace Dairy Farm, N9388 County P, Forestville. Brunch, horse-drawn wagon rides, petting zoo, entertainment, ice cream cones and sundaes, farm tours, antique tractor show, games. $6 adults, $3 ages 4-12. 920-255-1450.
Tuesday, June 13
• BUILD A FORT 7-8:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Families invited to build forts in the library, create “fire pits” and read stories. Bring blankets, pillows and any supplies needed to build the perfect fort; chairs and tables provided. 920-487-2295.
Wednesday, June 14
• ADULT GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP, 3-4:30 p.m., Kewaunee County Administration Building, 810 Lincoln St. Monthly support group facilitated by a Unity grief counselor. Free. To register, call 800-990-9249 or email [email protected].
Wednesday, June 21
• COMFORT CAFÉ … FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS, 2:30-4 p.m., Amy’s Coffee House, 406 Milwaukee St., Kewaunee. Share your stories and socialize with others living with memory loss. Also, volunteers needed. 1-877-416-7083.
Tuesday, July 4
• SMOKEHOUSE JAMBOREE, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Barnsite Retreat and Events Center, Kewaunee. Pig roast and picnic favorites. Music, children’s activities, art show with local vendors, auctions. The Smokehouse Pentathlon includes whiffle baseball, egg toss, three-legged race, sack race, and pie-eating contest. Proceeds benefit Violence Intervention Project. Free admission. 920-487-2111.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Local Events: Things to do in Kewaunee County