Local Events: Things to do in Kewaunee County
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
Through Aug. 18
• ADULT SUMMER READING PROGRAM: Participants sign up at the circulation desk and pick up Read 2 Get 1 Free slips to get started. Once participants read two books they turn in their slips for a coupon for a free paperback at the Algoma Library Friends’ bookstore, Book Corner, 401 Third St., Algoma.
Saturday, July 8
• VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SHOW, 8 a.m.-noon, Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Food and refreshments. Music by “Greatest Hits” Polka Band, noon-4 p.m. Adam Trask rock band after awards. Sponsored by Lakeshore Area Vintage Snowmobile Association. 920-255-4367.
• KEWAUNEE VETERANS’ CAR SHOW, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St, Kewaunee. Presented by American Legion Post 29 and VFW Post 339. Register cars for show at 8 a.m. $10 entry fee per car, free admission for spectators. Jerome Liebherr, 414-531-4586.
• LET ME BE FRANK TRIBUTE CONCERT, 5 p.m. food and beverages, 6 p.m. concert, Rio Creek Airport, E4351 County K, Algoma. Outdoor setting, but will move indoors if necessary. Proceeds benefit Rio Creek Aviation Foundation and Algoma Optimists to support scholarships for high school grads. $5 at the gate.
• PARALLEL 44 10TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, 1:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery, N2185 Sleepy Hollow Road, Stangelville. $6 sampling. Live music by Big Mouth and the Power Tool Horns, 1:30-4 p.m. Age of Fable, noon-1:15 p.m. and The Song in Your Head, 4:15-5:45 p.m. Wagon tours of the vineyard and more. 920-388-4400 or www.44wineries.com.
• SUMMER CUISINE CONCERT, 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m., von Stiehl Winery, 115 Navarino St., Algoma. Jazz, blues, gospel and rock music by The Annie Rose Band. Arrive early to sample wines and tour underground limestone tunnels, and the production facility. Wine, beer, soda, water and food available for sale. Free admission. No carry-ins. 920-487-5208 or vonstiehl.com.
• USED BOOK SALE, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
Sunday, July 9
• SUMMER MUSIC SERIES, 2:30-5 p.m., Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Kewaunee. Acoustic guitarist Matt Schroeder. $6 for wine sampling. 920-776-1328 or coldcountrywines.com.
• ALGOMA FARMERS MARKET, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 31, Huntington Bank parking lot, Second and Steele streets, Algoma. Fresh produce, kids’ activities, BBQ vendor, music.
• CZ FEST, 1-5 p.m., Bushville Lanes, 2280 S. County P, Luxemburg. Polka music by the Sugarbush Boys; modified tractor pulls at 6 p.m. and pig roast beginning 11 a.m. 920-864-6231.
Monday, July 10
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m., Kewaunee Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St., Kewaunee. Public cards, first and third Mondays of the month, Golden Agers cards second and fourth Mondays of the month. 920-388-4690.
Tuesday, July 11, through Thursday, July 13
• WISCONSIN FARM TECHNOLOGY DAYS, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, Ebert Enterprises, E5083 County K, Algoma. Annual outdoor statewide show, one of largest of its kind in nation, showcases latest developments in production agriculture. Show rotates among Wisconsin counties; this is the first time it has been to Kewaunee County. $8 admission ages 13 and older, free parking. www.wifarmtechnologydays,com.
Tuesday, July 11
• SUMMER READING PROGRAM, 10 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. For children ages birth to 5 and their caretakers to share books and activities. 920-487-2295.
• TOPS WI 0326, 9 a.m., Knudson Hall, Community Center, 620 Lake St., Algoma. Use the Clark Street door. Weekly weight loss support group. 920-487-2797.
• ALGOMA OPTIMISTS CLUB, 7 a.m., Caffe Tlazo, 607 Fourth St., Algoma.
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m., Algoma Youth Club, 620 Lake St. Algoma Golden Agers Card Club, open to ages 50 and older. 920-487-5404.
Wednesday, July 12
• USED BOOK SALE, 3-7 p.m., 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
• GRADE SCHOOL READING PROGRAM, 1 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 2, Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. Reading challenges, activities and prizes for ages 6-12. 920-388-5015.
• PRESCHOOL SUMMER READING, 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 2, Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. Reading challenges, activities and prizes for ages 5 and younger. 920-388-5015.
Thursday, July 13
• MUSIC IN THE PARK, 6-8 p.m., Fireman Community Park, 231 Maple St. (corner of Second and Maple), Luxemburg. 1950s and ‘60s music by Petty Cash. Free admission, carry-ins allowed.
Friday, July 14
• STORY HOUR, 10 a.m. Fridays, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. For ages 3-6. 920-487-2295.
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m. Fridays, Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St.
• FRIDAY FARMERS MARKET, 8 a.m.-noon, World’s Tallest Grandfather Clock parking lot, Milwaukee Street, Kewaunee. Locally grown produce, canned good, crafts and more.
Saturday, July 15
• KEWAUNEE HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI FEST, noon-10 p.m., Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Greatest Hits Polka Band, noon-3 p.m. Spice Band, 3-7 p.m. Bacchus Lotus, 7-10 p.m. Everyone welcome. Donations appreciated.
• SUMMER FESTIVAL, 1 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Kewaunee. Music by Green Bay Pickers with Eddie Biebel, 1-3 p.m. and Copper Box, 4-7:30 p.m.
• SUMMER CUISINE CONCERT, 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m., von Stiehl Winery, 115 Navarino St., Algoma. Food from Skaliwags. Music by River City Six featuring Zoomie Wine, beer, food, water, soda available for purchase. Free admission. No carry-ins allowed. 920-487-5208 or vonstiehl.com.
• SUMMER WINE FEST SERIES, noon-5 p.m., Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery, N2185 Sleepy Hollow Road, Stangelville. Wine, food, vineyard tours. Live music by Rob Anthony at noon, Donnie Pick Duo at 3 p.m. Wine sampling includes five samples and a Parallel 44 signature wine glass, $6. Food available for purchase. 920-388-4400 or www.44wineries.com.
Sunday, July 16
HAPP HOPPERS DANCE, 1-5 p.m., Rendezvous of Luxemburg, E896 County N, Luxemburg. Music by Musical Brass. $7. 920-845-5616.
Tuesday, July 18
• KEWAUNEE OPTIMISTS CLUB, 7 a.m. first and third Tuesdays, Kunkels Korner, 301 Ellis St., Kewaunee.
• EGG DROP, 1:45-2:30 p.m. July 18, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Participants receive a raw egg and materials to build something to protect the egg after it is dropped from the Algoma Utilities boom truck. 920-487-2295.
Wednesday, July 19
• COMFORT CAFÉ … FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS, 2:30-4 p.m. third Wednesdays of the month, Amy’s Coffee House, 406 Milwaukee St., Kewaunee. Share your stories and socialize with others living with memory loss. Also, volunteers needed.
Thursday, July 20
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m., St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for ages newborn to 5 with their caregivers.
•MOVIE, 12:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library. 406 Fremont St. Bring lunch and watch animated hit “The Lego Movie” (PG). 920-487-2295.
Saturday, July 22
• SUMMER WINE FEST SERIES, noon-5 p.m., Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery, N2185 Sleepy Hollow Road, Stangelville. Wine, food, vineyard tours. Live music by Jeff Hinnendale, 2 p.m. and Kurt Gunn, 3 p.m. Pay it Forward Ethiopia food truck. Wine sampling includes five samples and a Parallel 44 signature wine glass, $6. Food available for purchase. 920-388-4400 or www.44wineries.com.
Tuesday, July 25
• PETTING ZOO, 10:30 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Goats, rabbits, cows, and a horse on the front lawn. 920-487-2295.
Saturday, July 29
• SUMMER WINE FEST SERIES, noon-5 p.m., Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery, N2185 Sleepy Hollow Road, Stangelville. Wine, vineyard tours. Live music by The Talk of the Town, noon; and Monica Giles, 3 p.m. Wine sampling includes five samples and a Parallel 44 signature wine glass, $6. Food available for purchase. 920-388-4400 or www.44wineries.com.
• PIG ROAST FUNDRAISER, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Kewaunee Harbor, 123 N. Main St., Kewaunee. Fundraisers for Literacy Partners.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Local Events: Things to do in Kewaunee County