Local Events: Things to do in Kewaunee County
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
Friday-Saturday, Aug. 25-26
• FUNDRAISING RUMMAGE SALE, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. both days, Kewaunee County Food Pantry, 1528 Sunset Ave., Algoma. Thousands of quality items available. Proceeds benefit the food pantry. 920-487-5650.
Friday-Sunday, Aug. 25-27
• BOOK SALE, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. each day, Book Corner, 401 Third St., Algoma. Operated by volunteers from Algoma Library Friends; proceeds benefit the Algoma Public Library. 920-495-8440.
Saturday, Aug. 26
• ESTATE AND RUMMAGE SALE, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., St. Isidore the Farmer Church, 18424 Tisch Mills Road, Denmark. Stuff a bag for $5 starting at noon. 920-776-1940.
• BACK TO SCHOOL BLOCK PARTY, 1-4 p.m., Legion Park, 620 Lake St., Algoma. Entertainment, snacks, inflatables. Rain location is Algoma Youth Club and Knudson Hall. www.lakeside-church.com.
• BACK TO SCHOOL YOUTH WORSHIP NIGHT, 5 p.m., Heritage Park at City Marina, Evergreen Drive and Fremont Street, Algoma. Youths in grades 7-12 invited; refreshments provided. www.lakeside-church.com.
• SUMMER CUISINE CONCERT, noon to 4:30 p.m., von Stiehl Winery, 115 Navarino St., Algoma. Final event of the season. Acoustic classic rock with the 12 Volt Band. Food from Skaliwags. Craft beer from Ahnapee Brewery. Sample von Stiehl’s wines in the Civil War era building. Tour underground limestone tunnels. Free admission. Wine, beer, food, water and soda sold. 920-487-5208 or www.vonstiehl.com.
Sunday, Aug. 27
• MUSIC IN THE PARK, 5:30-8 p.m., Harbor Park, 212 Harrison St., Kewaunee. Sugarbush Boys plays polkas, waltzes, country and big band. Food sold by Kewaunee Lions Club. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Picnicking welcome. Rain location, Port ‘O Call or Lakehaven Hall (no carry-ins at rain locations). 920-388-4822 or www.kewaunee.org.
• DANCE, 1:30-4:30 p.m. Aug. 27, Redeker’s Rustin Inn, 1233 Main St., Kellnersville. Wisconsin Czechs “Pout” celebration with music by Orv Konop and the OK Band. $5 admission. 920-863-8232.
• BELGIAN KERMISS, 9:30 a.m. sacred concert, 10:15 a.m. outdoor Polka Mass, St. Hubert’s Catholic Church, E3081 County X, Casco. Polka music by Clete Bellin Orchestra, classic country by Country Memories. Booyah, Belgian trippe, hamburgers, desserts. Raffle, silent auction. 920-837-2852 or www.stpeterandsthubert.com.
• SUMMER SUNDAY MUSIC, 2:30-5 p.m., Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Carlton. Americana singer/songwriter Rob Anthony. Free admission; $6 for five wine samples and Cold Country glass. 920-776-1328 or www.coldcountrywines.com.
Monday, Aug. 28
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m. Mondays, Kewaunee Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St., Kewaunee. Public cards the first and third Mondays of the month; Golden Age cards, second and fourth Mondays.
Wednesday, Aug. 30
• USED BOOK SALE, 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
Thursday, Aug. 31
• DOG DAYS OF SUMMER CONCERT, 5:30-7 p.m., Atrium Post Acute Care, 1308 Lincoln St., Kewaunee. Music by BJ Combo. Appetizers and refreshments served. Bring lawn chair.
• CONCERT IN THE PARK, 6 p.m., Heritage Park at City Marina, Evergreen Drive and Fremont Street, Algoma. Milwaukee folk band Dead Horses; opening act Levi Zeitler. Bring chairs or picnic blanket. Carry-ins welcome. Food trucks, 4:30-8:30 p.m. 920-487-2041 or www.algomachamber.org.
Friday, Sept. 1
• FRIDAY FARMERS MARKET, 8 a.m.-noon, World’s Tallest Grandfather Clock parking lot, Milwaukee Street, Kewaunee. Locally grown produce, canned good, crafts and more.
• ART RECEPTION, 5:30-8 p.m., James May Gallery, 213 Steele St., Algoma. for opening of exhibit by artists Lee Mothes, Joyce Simoniak, and Nicholas Danielson; exhibit runs through Oct. 2. www.jamesmaygallery.com.
Tuesday, Sept. 5
• KEWAUNEE OPTIMISTS CLUB, 7 a.m. first and third Tuesdays, Kunkels Korner, 301 Ellis St., Kewaunee.
Thursday, Sept. 7
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays of month, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for newborns to age 5 with their caregivers.
Friday, Sept. 8
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m., Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. 920-388-5015 or www.kewauneepubliclibrary.org.
Monday, Sept. 11
• BINGO, 5:30 p.m. doors open, 6:30 p.m. bingo, All Saints Parish, 145 St. Claude St., Denmark. Wisconsin Progress Jackpot, cash prizes. Concessions, hot sandwiches, homemade desserts. 920-863-8211.
Saturday, Sept. 16
• GREGORVILLE AREA RUMMAGE SALE, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., County S, seven miles west of Algoma. Ten homes and more than 20 families participating. Watch for pink signs, maps available. [email protected].
Wednesday, Sept. 20
• COMFORT CAFÉ … FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS, 2:30-4 p.m. third Wednesday of the month, Amy’s Coffee House, 406 Milwaukee St., Kewaunee. Share your stories and socialize with others living with memory loss. Also, volunteers needed. 877-416-7083.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Local Events: Things to do in Kewaunee County