Kewaunee County Calendar of Events
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
Saturday, Sept. 23
• WISCONSIN WELLNESS WORKSHOP, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Algoma Community Wellness Center, 1715 Division St. Lisa Lewis, author of “Healthy Happy Cooking,” shares cooking tips and healthy food swaps. $30 if registered by Sept. 22, $35 day of event (includes lunch); to register, go to www.firstplace4health.com/events and click on “Wisconsin Wellness Workshop.” Jennifer Krogh at 920-264-7051, or [email protected].
• FALL HARVEST FEST, 8 a.m. grape picking, vendors and events during the day, Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Carlton. Lunch from Broken Tree Pizza. Bluegrass by Red Star Express, 2:30 p.m. 920-776-1328 or www.coldcountrywines.com.
• HARVEST FESTIVAL, 10 a.m.-3 p.m, St. John Lutheran Church, 700 Heritage Road, Luxemburg. Bucket raffle, silent auction, crafts and vendors, horse drawn wagon rides. Pork dinner, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Free admission. 920-845-5250 or www.stjohnlux.com.
• ROCK PAINTING, 10:30 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Guided rock painting of the Cheshire Cat. Adults only. Free but registration required. 920-487-2295.
• RAUSY’S RECOVERY JAMBOREE, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Cz’s Bushville Lanes, 2280 S. County P, Luxemburg. Fundraiser for 4-year-old Raustlynn “Rausy” Davis in her battle with cancer. Belle, Cinderella, and Batman will be on hand from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Contests, DJ, food, motorcycle and classic car rides. www.facebook.com/events/1027265670710535.
• USED BOOK SALE, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 23-24
• AGRICULTURAL HERITAGE DAYS, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Kewaunee County Fairgrounds, 625 Third St., Luxemburg. Tractor and farm equipment exhibit. Demonstrations, heritage food, vendors. 920-388-0604.
Sunday, Sept. 24
• ALGOMA FARMERS MARKET, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Huntington Bank parking lot, 208 Steele St., Algoma. Kids’ activities, fresh produce, crafts, music and more.
• POLKA DANCE, 1-5 p.m., Good Times Bar & Hall, 16607 County B, Mishicot. Music by Mark Jirikovec Band. 920-755-2202.
• POLKA MASS, 10 a.m., St Joseph Church, 522 Tower Drive, Kellnersville. Music by the Sugarbush Boys. 920- 732-3770.
Monday, Sept. 25
• ALL SAINTS PARISH BINGO, 5:30 p.m. doors open, 6:30 p.m. bingo, All Saints Parish, Denmark. Wisconsin Progress Jackpot, cash prizes. Concessions, hot sandwiches, homemade desserts. Betty Duckett, 920-863-8211.
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m., Kewaunee Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St. Public cards, first and third Mondays of the month; Golden Age cards, second and fourth Mondays.
Tuesday, Sept. 26
• CHAT & CHEW BOOK CLUB, 3:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Students ages 12-18 chat about the book “Wonder,” by R.J. Palacio and chew on a snack. 920-487-2295.
• TOPS WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesdays, Knudson Hall, 620 Lake St., Algoma; use Clark Street entrance. Visitors welcome. 920-487-2797.
Wednesday, Sept. 27
• HEALTHCARE INFO, 5:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Senior Medicare Patrol tells how to be aware of healthcare scams and detect errors and abuse. www.wisconsinsmp.org.
• USED BOOK SALE, 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
• ALGOMA AA GROUP, noon-1 p.m. Wednesdays, Algoma Parks & Recreation Department, 620 Lake St., Algoma.
Thursday, Sept. 28
• LIBRARY CARD SIGNUP, 3-5:30 p.m., NWTC, 133 Wisconsin 54, Luxemburg. Residents of Kewaunee County invited to sign up for a card.
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays of the month, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for newborns to age 5 with their caregivers.
•AA MEETING, 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, St Mary’s Catholic Church, 1412 Main St., Luxemburg. 920-845-2056.
• PORT CITY AA MEETING, 8-9 p.m. Thursdays, Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St., Kewaunee.
• SUICIDE PREVENTION TRAINING, noon-1 p.m., Algoma Wellness Center, Algoma High School, 1715 Division St. QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) workshop presented by Monica Nelson of Prevent Suicide Door County, in conjunction with Kewaunee County UW-Extension and Live Algoma. Bring lunch if desired. Reservations required by Sept. 26. 920-388-7141 or [email protected].
Friday, Sept. 29
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m., Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St.
• FRIDAY FARMERS MARKET, 8 a.m.-noon, World’s Tallest Grandfather Clock parking lot, Milwaukee Street, Kewaunee. Locally grown produce, canned good, crafts and more.
Saturday, Sept. 30
• SNOWMOBILE GRASS DRAG RACES, 8 a.m. registration, 11 a.m. races, E4637 Lakeshore Road, Kewaunee. Vintage snowmobiles and ATVs. Sponsored by Lakeshore Area Vintage Snowmobile Association. Food and refreshments. 920-493-1707 or “Lakeshore Area Vintage Snowmobile Association” at www.facebook.com.
• FRIENDS OF THE POOR WALK, 8:30 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. walk, Holy Name of Mary Church, 7491 County H, Maplewood. Sponsored by the St. Vincent De Paul Society of Algoma. Registration and pledge forms at www.fopwalk.org. 920-487-2402.
Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 30-Oct. 1
•FALL HARVEST FESTIVAL, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Hillside Apples, E2237 State 54, Casco. Free horse-drawn wagon rides, kids’ games, and sliced caramel apples. 920-837-7440 or www.hillsideapples.com.
Sunday, Oct. 1
• HOUT & JUDY’S FALL FEST, 1-5 p.m., Houterville Station, E2904 County J, Kewaunee. Music by the Greatest Hits Polka Band. 920-388-2450.
• PORKIES AND PANCAKE BREAKFAST, 7:30-11 a.m., St. John Rankin Church, E5221 Church Road, Algoma. $6 adults, $3 children. Proceeds benefit fellowship hall fund.
• CHILI COOK-OFF, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 214 Church St., Algoma. Cash prizes.; $20 entry fee. Or eat all the chili you want and help judge. Hot dogs available. $10 adults, $5 children. 920-487-5004.
Monday, Oct. 9
• ANIME CLUB, 3:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Meets second Mondays of the month. Learn about sushi and make candy sushi. 920-487-2295.
Tuesday, Oct. 10
• COOKBOOK BOOK CLUB, 5:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Participants try out a cookbook together; each chooses one recipe to make and bring to share. Cookbooks can be checked out or recipes photocopied. 920-487-2295.
Wednesday, Oct. 11
• PARISH FALL BEEF DINNER, 4:30-7 p.m., St. Mary Catholic Church, 1412 Main St., Luxemburg. $8 beef dinner, $3 hot dog plate; free for ages 5 and younger. Dessert and beverage included. Take-outs available. Raffles, silent auction, grab bags. 920-845-2056.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Kewaunee County Calendar of Events