Kewaunee County Calendar of Events
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
Friday, Oct. 6
• BRAT AND BURGER FRY, 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m., Luxemburg Fire Station, 516 Maple St. Annual fundraiser has burgers, brats, trippe, baked goods, chili, beer and soda. Music by Mark Jirkovec Band at 5 p.m. Sponsored by Luxemburg Fire & Rescue. 920-845-5225.
Saturday, Oct. 7
• FISH HATCHERY OPEN HOUSE, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., C.D. “Buzz” Besadny Anadromous Fish Facility, N3884 Ransom Moore Lane, Kewaunee. Salmon egg collection demonstrations, facility tours, wagon rides. Food and beverages for sale. Adopt a sturgeon. 920-388-1025.
• OKTOBERFEST POLKA, 3-7 p.m., Tippy Canoe Bar, E3261 County C, Euren. Music by Mark Jirikovec Band. 920-837-2727.
• BOOYAH & BELGIAN BEAUTY BEER BASH, noon-5 p.m., Thumb Knuckle Brewing Co., E0208 State 54, Luxemburg. Food from The Booyah Shed food truck. 920-323-6543.
• MILK BOTTLE TOURNEY & RAFFLE, 1 p.m., Casco Fire Department, 211 First St. Food sales start at 11 a.m.: beer, soda, burgers, Belgian trippe, booyah. 920-837-7668.
• ROCK PAINTING, 10:30 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Inspired by Algoma Rocks group; guided rock painting of mummies. Ages 5 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Free but registration required. 920-487-2295.
Sunday, Oct. 8
• ALGOMA FARMERS MARKET, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Huntington Bank parking lot, 208 Steele St., Algoma. Kids’ activities, fresh produce, crafts, music and more.
• HARVEST FEST, 10:30 a.m., Agricultural Heritage Farm, N2551 State 42, Kewaunee. Polka Mass, then dancing from 1 to 5 p.m. with music by the Sugarbush Boys; $8 dance admission. Brunch served noon to 1:30 p.m., $10. 920-388-0604 or www.facebook.com/heritagefarmkewaunee.
• TOY, CRAFT & VENDOR SHOW, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., gymnasium, Luxemburg-Casco High School, 512 Center St., Luxemburg. Sponsored by Luxemburg-Casco FFA and FFA Alumni. More than 30 crafts and home-goods vendors on hand; food and beverages available; door prize drawings every hour. Free bounce house, ice cream and pedal tractor obstacle course for children with paid adult. $3 adults, $2 ages 11-18; first 50 paid admissions get free hot dog. 920-255-3510 for toy and display information, 920-837-7739 for crafts and vendors.
• OKTOBERFEST POLKA, 1-5 p.m., Evergreen Bar & Hall, 7075 Morrison Road, Morrison. Music by Mark Jirikovec Band. 920-864-3499.
Monday, Oct. 9
• BINGO, 5:30 p.m. doors open, 6:30 p.m. bingo, All Saints Parish, 145 St. Claude St., Denmark. Wisconsin Progress Jackpot, cash prizes. Concessions, hot sandwiches, homemade desserts. Betty Duckett, 920-863-8211.
• SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m., Kewaunee Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St. Public cards the first and third Mondays of the month; Golden Age cards, second and fourth Mondays.
• ANIME CLUB, 3:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Meets second Mondays of the month. Learn about sushi and make candy sushi. 920-487-2295.
• PUMPKIN PAINTING AND CARVING, 12:30-2:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Call to reserve a pumpkin. 920-487-2295.
• AMERICAN LEGION MEETING, 6:30 p.m., lower level, Casco Village Hall, 211 First St. Casco American Legion Women’s Auxiliary Post 319. 920-660-1424.
Tuesday, Oct. 10
• COOKBOOK BOOK CLUB, 5:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Participants try out a cookbook together; each chooses one recipe to make and bring to share. Cookbooks can be checked out or recipes photocopied. 920-487-2295.
• LITERACY TUTORS, 6-7:30 p.m., Algoma United Methodist Church, 804 Parker Ave. Orientation session to learn to become a tutor for adults who want to improve their reading, writing and speaking skills. Classes then take place Oct. 17 and 19 and Nov. 2; must attend orientation and all three classes. Sponsored by Literacy Partners of Kewaunee County, Inc.; registration requested. 920-845-2516 or www.literacykewauneeco.org.
• TOPS WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesdays, Knudson Hall, 620 Lake St., Algoma (use Clark Street entrance). Visitors welcome. 920-487-2797.
• TODDLER STORY TIME, 10 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Children to age 5 and their caregivers take part in fun books, songs and activities. 920-487-2295.
Wednesday, Oct. 11
• PARISH FALL BEEF DINNER, 4:30-7 p.m., St. Mary Catholic Church, 1412 Main St., Luxemburg. $8 beef dinner, $3 hot dog plate; free for ages 5 and younger. Dessert and beverage included. Take-outs available. Raffles, silent auction, grab bags. 920-845-2056.
• USED BOOK SALE, 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
• ALGOMA AA GROUP, noon-1 p.m. Wednesdays, Algoma Parks & Recreation Department, 620 Lake St., Algoma.
• MOVIE MATINEE 1 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. “Before I Fall,” PG-13 movie about a girl who dies in a car crash but magically awakes to relive the same day again and again. Bring a lunch. 920-487-2295.
Thursday, Oct. 12
•AA MEETING, 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, St Mary’s Catholic Church, 1412 Main St., Luxemburg. 920-845-2056.
• PORT CITY AA MEETING, 8-9 p.m. Thursdays, Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St., Kewaunee.
Friday, Oct. 13
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m., Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. 920-388-5015.
• FRIDAY FARMERS MARKET, 8 a.m.-noon, World’s Tallest Grandfather Clock parking lot, Milwaukee Street, Kewaunee. Locally grown produce, canned good, crafts and more. 920-388-5000 or www.cityofkewaunee.org.
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Pre-K children and their caretakers take part in fun books, songs and activities. 920-487-2295.
Saturday, Oct. 14
• HARVEST FEST, 2:30-5 p.m, Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Carlton. Live playing by Acme Pickers. $6 wine sampling. 920-776-1328 or www.coldcountrywines.com.
• FALL TREE CARE WORKSHOP, 9 a.m, Algoma City Hall, 416 Fremont St. Aborist and forester Dan Traas teaches how to promote tree health in the fall, protect them during the winter, and give them a jump start on spring. Offered by the City of Algoma Tree Management Committee. Free. 920-487-8136.
• WOMEN’S MISSIONARY SOCIETY RALLY, 8 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. devotion, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division Street, Algoma. Discussion of work in Central Africa Medical Mission and planning the 2018 international convention to be held in Green Bay. Rally closes at 12:30 p.m. with a lunch.
• PUMPKIN GIVEAWAY, 9:30 a.m., American Legion Park, 620 lake St. (Fremont and Second streets), Algoma. Sponsored by St. John’s Lutheran Church of Algoma. 920-487-2335 or www.stjohnsalgoma.org.
Sunday, Oct. 15
• HAPPY HOPPERS DANCE, 1-5 p.m., Rendezvous of Luxemburg, E896 County N, Luxemburg. Music by the Sugar Bush Boys. $7. 920-845-5616.
Wednesday, Oct. 18
• TASTE OF THE COUNTY, Kewaunee County Fairgrounds, 625 Third St., Luxemburg. Variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts, local wine and craft beers, and more from area restaurants, all under one roof. Bucket raffle. $35 advance, $40 at the door; tickets online or at Bank of Luxemburg and Nicolet Bank locations in Kewaunee County. www.buylocalkewauneecounty.org.
• COMFORT CAFÉ … FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS, 2:30-4 p.m. third Wednesday of the month, Amy’s Coffee House, 406 Milwaukee St., Kewaunee. Share stories and socialize with others living with memory loss. Also, volunteers needed. 877-416-7083.
• GIVE THANKS CRAFT SHOW, 5-9 p.m. Oct. 18, The Outback Tavern, E2696 Krok Road, Kewaunee. Shop local vendors and crafters. Also collecting donations for the American Red Cross. Shelly Gonion-Ducat, 920-660-4435.
Thursday, Oct. 19
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays of month, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for newborns to age 5 with their caregivers. 920-487-5712 or www.stpaulsalgoma.org.
Friday, Oct. 20
• SUPERHERO TRAINING, 11:30 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Kids work on crafts and see a movie about a woman who is wonderful. 920-487-2295.
Saturday, Oct. 21
• HARVEST FESTIVAL, 8-11 a.m., Walters of Rio Creek, E4351 County K, Algoma. Pumpkin contest, pumpkin decorating, coloring contest, cookie decorating and more. 920-837-7777.
Tuesday, Oct. 24
• BLOOD DRIVE, noon-6 p.m., St. Joseph Catholic Church-Pilsen, E860 State 29, Luxemburg. Sponsored by American Red Cross. Reservations appreciated but walk-ins welcome. 1-800-733-2767 or www.redcrossblood.org.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Kewaunee County Calendar of Events