Kewaunee County Star-News seeking letters to the editor ahead of April election
On April 7, Wisconsin will hold its spring election. In advance of that election, the Kewaunee County Star-News would like to open up the floor to letter writers so they may voice their opinion on the candidates.
The Star-News will accept letters now through noon on March 23, and letters will be printed in the March 28 and April 4 editions.
Not all letters are guaranteed to be published. Those selected for publication will run online, but, depending on space, may not run in print. We will attempt to print a representative sample.
The following letters to the editor guidelines apply:
- Only letters from residents in the Kewaunee County Star-News' coverage area will be accepted.
- Include your full name, address and phone number. We do not accept anonymous letters. Only the writer's name and city of residence will be published. Phone numbers are used for questions and verification purposes and will not be published.
- The word limit is 250 words. Letters longer than that will be returned. We reserve the right to edit letters for grammar, spelling, language, civility, good taste, libel and editorial style; however, we will not change content.
- Send web links or citations for facts stated in the letter.
- Letters must be original compositions and not part of a letter-writing campaign.
- No more than one letter from a contributor will be published.
There are some additional guidelines for letters focused on elections:
- Letters should be issue-oriented and not personal attacks on the other candidate. We will not publish letters that criticize a candidate without endorsing another candidate(s). We also will not publish letters in poor taste. Accusations against a candidate must be verifiable in order to be published.
- Letters from candidates, their immediate family members, campaign managers or elected officials will not be published. We want to hear from voters.
- We accept letters from individuals, not from a group of individuals.
Email your letters to Taima Kern, editor, at [email protected].
Be sure to write "Letter to the editor" in the subject line of your email. Hard copy submissions will not be accepted. If you are submitting on behalf of another party, be sure to include their contact information so we can verify they support the opinion submitted.
For more information or assistance, call Kern at 920-907-7819.
This article originally appeared on Green Bay Press-Gazette: Kewaunee County Star-News seeking letters to the editor ahead of April election