Kewaunee County municipalities receive $845K from DOT for road projects
MADISON – Kewaunee County and its municipalities received a total of $845,805.13 Monday from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation budget for assistance with local transportation projects.
It's the county's share of a quarterly payment totaling more than $160 million statewide that was sent to counties and municipalities by the state this week.
While the payments to cities, towns and villages were 25 percent of their General Transportation Aids from the state for the year, the county received half of its aid for the year, or $382,380.54. County payments are made in three installments, with 25 percent of the total for the year coming the first Monday of January, 50 percent the first Monday of July and 25 percent the first Monday of October.
Among other local municipalities, the City of Algoma's installment payment was $53,663.34 and City of Kewaunee's was $60,020.41. The Village of Luxemburg received $28,167.16 and the Village of Casco $5,304.49.
FOR MORE KEWAUNEE COUNTY NEWS: Check out our homepage
For Kewaunee County townships, Ahnapee received $31,733.10; Carlton, $34,223.13; Casco, $28,877.68; Franklin, $33,552.99; Lincoln, $33,211.35; Luxemburg, $37,869.48; Montpelier, $31,266.63; Pierce, $18,842.76; Red River, $39,045.51; and West Kewaunee, $27,646.56.
Contact Christopher Clough at 920-741-7952, 920-562-8900 or [email protected].
This article originally appeared on Green Bay Press-Gazette: Kewaunee County municipalities receive $845K from DOT for road projects