Kewaunee County Calendar of Events
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
• FRIDAY FARMERS MARKET, 8 a.m.-noon, World’s Tallest Grandfather Clock parking lot, Milwaukee Street, Kewaunee. Locally grown produce, canned good, crafts and more. 920-388-5000 or www.cityofkewaunee.org.
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m., Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. 920-388-5015.
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Pre-K children and their caretakers take part in fun books, songs and activities. 920-487-2295.
• BRAT FRY, 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Annual fundraiser sponsored by Kewaunee Fire Department. Sauerkraut, hot dogs, brats, hamburgers, nachos, and booyah. Music by Mark Jirikovec Band, 5-9 p.m. 920-388-5006.
• HOPE COMMITTEE WORKSHOP SESSIONS, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Oct. 14, 28 and Nov. 11; 5-7:30 p.m. Oct. 19 and Nov. 2; Kewaunee County Department of Human Services, 810 Lincoln St., Kewaunee. For parents and caregivers of children who have experienced trauma. Stress management, development of healthy behaviors among topics covered. Food provided. Renee Koenig, 920-388-7137 or [email protected]
• HARVEST FEST, 2:30-5 p.m, Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Carlton. Live playing by Acme Pickers. $6 wine sampling. 920-776-1328 or www.coldcountrywines.com.
• 4-H OPEN HOUSE AND FALL FEST, 1-3:30 p.m., Kewaunee County Fairgrounds, 625 Third St., Luxemburg. Learn more about 4-H, current 4-H families, and have some fall fun. Animals, crafts, free refreshments. 920-388-7135.
• FALL TREE CARE WORKSHOP, 9 a.m, Algoma City Hall, 416 Fremont St. Aborist and forester Dan Traas teaches how to promote tree health in the fall, protect them during the winter, and give them a jump start on spring. Offered by the City of Algoma Tree Management Committee. Free. 920-487-8136.
• WOMEN’S MISSIONARY SOCIETY RALLY, 8 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. devotion, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division Street, Algoma. Discussion of work in Central Africa Medical Mission and planning the 2018 international convention to be held in Green Bay. Rally closes at 12:30 p.m. with a lunch.
• PUMPKIN GIVEAWAY, 9:30 a.m., American Legion Park, 620 lake St. (Fremont and Second streets), Algoma. Sponsored by St. John’s Lutheran Church of Algoma. 920-487-2335 or www.stjohnsalgoma.org.
• HOME BREWERS SHOWCASE, 1-4 p.m., Ahnapee Brewery, 105 Navarino St., Algoma. Taste about 30 homebrewed craft beers made in Northeast Wisconsin. People’s Choice award, silent auction for a used whiskey barrel, keepsake glass, booyah available. $5. 920-785-0822 or www.facebook.com/ahnapeebrewery.
• HAPPY HOPPERS DANCE, 1-5 p.m., Rendezvous of Luxemburg, E896 County N, Luxemburg. Music by the Sugar Bush Boys. $7. 920-845-5616.
• TASTE OF THE COUNTY, 5:30-8 p.m., Kewaunee County Fairgrounds, 625 Third St., Luxemburg. Variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts, local wine and craft beers, and more from area restaurants. Bucket raffle. $35 advance, $40 at the door; tickets online or at Bank of Luxemburg and Nicolet Bank locations in Kewaunee County. www.buylocalkewauneecounty.org.
• COMFORT CAFÉ … FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS, 2:30-4 p.m. third Wednesday of the month, Amy’s Coffee House, 406 Milwaukee St., Kewaunee. Share stories and socialize with others living with memory loss. Also, volunteers needed. 877-416-7083.
• GIVE THANKS CRAFT SHOW, 5-9 p.m., The Outback Tavern, E2696 Krok Road, Kewaunee. Shop local vendors and crafters. Also collecting donations for the American Red Cross. Shelly Gonion-Ducat, 920-660-4435.
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays of the month, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for newborns to age 5 with their caregivers.
• SUPERHERO TRAINING, 11:30 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Kids work on crafts and see a movie about a woman who is wonderful. 920-487-2295.
• HARVEST FESTIVAL, 8-11 a.m., Walters of Rio Creek, E4351 County K, Algoma. Pumpkin contest, pumpkin decorating, coloring contest, cookie decorating and more. 920-837-7777.
• ETHIOPIAN FOOD, 2-7 p.m., Thumb Knuckle Brewing Co., E0208 State 54, Luxemburg. Tasty food with a unique pizazz from the Pay it Forward food truck out of Green Bay Proceeds go toward buying another food truck in Ethiopia to feed poor children at schools. 920-323-6543.
• HALLOWEEN PARTY, 5:30-7 p.m., Algoma Public Library. 406 Fremont St. Haunted house put on by the Girl Scouts, photo booth, games, scavenger hunt, crafts, and more. 920-487-2295.
• BLOOD DRIVE, noon-6 p.m., St. Joseph Catholic Church-Pilsen, E860 State 29, Luxemburg. Sponsored by American Red Cross. Reservations appreciated but walk-ins welcome. 1-800-733-2767 or www.redcrossblood.org.
• HALLOWEENDANCE, 4-8 p.m., Cold Country Vines & Wines, E3207 Nuclear Road, Carlton. Classic rock with the Spice Band. Prizes for best costumes. 920-776-1328 or www.coldcountrywines.com.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Kewaunee County Calendar of Events