Kewaunee County Calendar of Events
Send your organization’s events and activities to [email protected] or P.O. Box 86, Kewaunee, WI 54216, preferably two weeks in advance but no later than noon Tuesday for the Saturday edition.
Friday, Nov. 10
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10 a.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Fun books, songs and activities for pre-K children and their caretakers. 920-487-2295.
• PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m., Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. 920-388-5015.
Friday-Saturday, Nov. 10-11
•COOKBOOK SALE, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., The Book Corner, 401 Third St, Algoma. Cookbooks available for half-price. Sponsored by the Algoma Library Friends. 920-495-8440.
Saturday, Nov. 11
•‘FALL INTO THE HOLIDAYS,’ 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Krohn Dairy Store, N2915 County AB, Luxemburg. Open house with new cheese offerings cut and ready to sample. Wine pairings, holiday gift ideas, local vendors with demonstrations, door prizes and fresh curds. Free. 920-845-2901 or www.facebook.com/awardwinningcheese.
• TOYS FOR TOTS REGISTRATION, 10 a.m. to noon, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Families in need sign up to receive new toys for the holidays donated through the program. Must bring photo ID for all adults in household, proof of current address and proof of birth for all children ages 16 and younger. Also Nov. 18 in Luxemburg. Toys will be distributed Dec. 16. 920-388-7177.
• ‘BREWS AND TUNES,’ 2-9 p.m., Thumb Knuckle Brewing Co., E0208 State 54, Luxemburg. Smoked meat sandwiches by Smoked to the Bone food truck until 7 p.m.; acoustic music by Taylor Popour starting at 5. 920-323-6543 or www.facebook.com/ThumbKnuckleBrewingCo.
Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 11-12
SMOKE ALARM CHECK, Village of Casco. The Casco Fire Department checks and cleans smoke alarms or changes batteries for village residents. To have the department check your alarms, call Bruce at 920-536-0429.
Sunday, Nov. 12
•PATRIOTIC SERVICE, 9:30 a.m., St. Paul Lutheran Church, N4118 County AB, Luxemburg. Special worship service for veterans in the school gym with instrumental music and patriotic anthems by the adult and children’s choirs. Veterans interested in marching into the service with other veterans should meet in the hall outside the gym. Booyah, sandwiches, and dessert available after, $6. 920-845-2095 or www.stpaullux.org.
Monday, Nov. 13
• BINGO, 5:30 p.m. doors open, 6:30 p.m. bingo, All Saints Parish, 145 St. Claude St., Denmark. Wisconsin Progress Jackpot, cash prizes. Concessions, hot sandwiches, homemade desserts. Betty Duckett, 920-863-8211.
• ANIME CLUB, 3:30 p.m., Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Meets second Mondays of the month. Learn about sushi and make candy sushi. 920-487-2295.
Tuesday, Nov. 14
•TOPS WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesdays, Knudson Hall, 620 Lake St., Algoma (use Clark Street entrance). Visitors welcome. 920-487-2797.
•JOYCE CLUB, 9 a.m., Northwater Bakery Galley Room, 133 N. Water St., Algoma. 920-487-9130 to reserve a spot.
•KEWAUNEE MOONRIDERS, 7:30 p.m., JW’s Place, N5685 County E, Casco. Snowmoblie club meeting. 920-837-2211 or www.mooridersinc.org.
Wednesday, Nov. 15
•COMFORT CAFÉ … FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS, 2:30-4 p.m. third Wednesday of the month, Amy’s Coffee House, 406 Milwaukee St., Kewaunee. Share stories and socialize with others living with memory loss. Also, volunteers needed. 877-416-7083.
•USED BOOK SALE, 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays, 1325 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
•ALGOMA AA GROUP, noon-1 p.m. Wednesdays, Algoma Parks & Recreation Department, 620 Lake St., Algoma.
Thursday, Nov. 16
• LITTLE SPROUTS PLAYGROUP, 9:30-10:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays of the month, St. Paul’s Lutheran School, 1115 Division St., Algoma. Bible story circle time, play room and gym time for newborns to age 5 with their caregivers.
•AA MEETING, 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, St Mary’s Catholic Church, 1412 Main St., Luxemburg. 920-845-2056.
•PORT CITY AA MEETING, 8-9 p.m. Thursdays, Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St., Kewaunee.
Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 16-19
•BAKE SALE, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 16, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 17-18, and noon-3 p.m. Nov. 19, Kewaunee County Historical Society, 217 Ellis St., Kewaunee.
Friday, Nov. 17
•PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10 a.m. Fridays, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Pre-K children and their caretakers take part in fun books, songs and activities. 920-487-2295.
•PRESCHOOL STORY TIME, 10:30 a.m. Fridays, Kewaunee Public Library, 822 Juneau St. 920-388-5015.
• HOLIDAY LIGHTS PARADE, 6:30 p.m., along Ellis Street, Kewaunee. 920-388-4822 or go to www.kewaunee.org.
Friday-Saturday, Nov. 17-18
•CHRISTKINDLMARKT, 3-9 p.m. Nov. 17, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 18, Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St., Kewaunee. German-style Christmas market; shop vendors for gifts. Visit with Santa, following Nov. 17 parade and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 18. German cuisine for sale. 920-388-4822 or go to www.kewaunee.org.
Saturday, Nov. 18
• MARITIME PROGRAM, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St., Kewaunee. Author Rochelle Pennington talks about 1912 sinking off Two Rivers of the Rouse Simmons, aka the “Christmas Tree Ship.” Free. Signed copies of Pennington book on the event for sale; proceeds support the Kewaunee Pier Head Lighthouse.
• HOLIDAY CRAFT NIGHT, 7 p.m., Lakehaven Hall, 96 Ellis St. Kewaunee. Decorate a wreath, make jewelry, arrange an indoor or outdoor holiday centerpiece. paint a holiday ornament or make holiday cards. Fee for each project; food and beverages for sale. 920-388-4822 or go to www.kewaunee.org.
• TOYS FOR TOTS REGISTRATION, 10 a.m. to noon, Algoma Public Library, 406 Fremont St. Final day for families in need sign up to receive new toys for the holidays donated through the program. Must bring photo ID for all adults in household, proof of current address and proof of birth for all children ages 16 and younger. Toys will be distributed Dec. 16. 920-388-7177.
Monday, Nov. 20
•SHEEPSHEAD, 1 p.m., Kewaunee Community Congregational Church, 502 Center St. Public cards the first and third Mondays of the month; Golden Age cards, second and fourth Mondays.
Thursday, Nov. 23
•FRIENDS FOR THANKSGIVING, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., St. John’s Lutheran Church, 700 Heritage Road, Luxemburg. To schedule delivery to your home, call 920-660-3664.
Friday, Nov. 24
•BOOYAH AND BAKE SALE, 10:30 a.m. or while supplies last, Aissen Tree Farm-Pilsen, E1105State 29, Luxemburg. Hosted by the Kewaunee County 4-H Poultry Project. To order, call Jeremy, 920-680-2018.
This article originally appeared on Wisconsin: Kewaunee County Calendar of Events